Thank you.... :)




So yesterday I headed up to Belfast with my dad and my brother Paul. It was an eventful start to the day when nobody knew what time we were leaving at and when Paul kept throwing things at me. Yeah I have a nice brother don’t I. We headed off at around 11 with the hopes of doing a bit of shopping in Belfast city before we made our way to the Europa hotel. To be honest on Saturday morning I was more excited about going shopping than to be going to the awards. After a couple of hours shopping with Paul I soon wanted to be at the awards more than anything.

At around 6 we went back to the hotel for something to eat and then headed back down to the lobby and waited for a little while until we could go into the awards. At this point I was getting really excited. All that was going around in my head was the song “I’m so excited”. Once the clock went 7 I wanted to go in but we waited until about 7.10.  By this time had seen nobody that I knew so it was just me my dad and Paul. I wasn’t expecting to see anybody that I would know because I had never been to the Irish blog awards before.


I got really excited when I seen this.... :)

I was not expecting to win to be honest. I was only going to Belfast for like 2 reasons. 1 because I wouldn't get another chance to go the Irish blog awards again and the second reason was to go shopping. I had decided who I thought was going to win while we were driving up to Belfast. I figured Trust Tommy had a good chance of winning because he had won before and then I thought it would be tight competition with La Vie en Ross.  Then when we had gone into the Blog awards I was sure that La vie en Ross was going to win it.

All of the different awards.

The awards started at half eight and it was an amazing night. Everything was real relaxed and informal despite the fact that I went in jeans and most of the other girls were wearing dresses. Anyway they went in order of the categories the way that they have them posted to the blog award website. The youth blog was near enough to the end.I’m not going to say that the awards were done like the Oscars but it was done that kind of way. All of the nominations were announced. Then Rick the MC would take a gold envelope open it and take out a piece of paper with the winner on it. Once he announced it you go up and make a speech. But you can take as long as you want there is no rush on it. Then after that you go and get your photo taken.

Paul made us take it home and instead of it being for Blog its now for Brady.

So there were breaks during the awards and there were things like t-shirts thrown into the crowd and stuff it was really fun. There was also a time when they played air guitar with styrofoam guitars. It was brilliant there was loads of Styrofoam it was unreal. Paul went mad trying to get a Styrofoam trophy but it was ok because all of the winners got one. When he got one it finally shut up... :)

Playing air guitar


The B for Blog.


Paul's Styrofoam trophy... :)



When it came around to the nominations for the Best youth blog I got really nervous. I have no idea why. I really didn’t think that I was going to win and I didn’t want to win because I thought that the other blogs were much better than mine. And I didn’t want to have to get up in front of everybody and give a speech. When they called my name I was so shocked it wasn’t even funny. I was just like sitting there. Paul was telling me to go and my dad was getting the camera ready I was just so shocked it such a surprised.

I finally managed to get out of my seat and go onto the stage. Everybody kept clapping that’s all they did was clap. I didn’t know what to say I was so nervous. I didn’t have a speech or anything ready because I had convinced myself that I wasn’t going to win. I was speechless. When I finally managed to say something all I could say was “em, em thanks I guess” I was so embarrassed. Everybody kept clapping and I think it was because they realised I had never been there before and just got the fright of my life when I was told that I had won.
Me trying to make a speech.


Rick telling me to take a deep breath.


Me completely shocked.

I couldn’t say anything and people kept clapping so I just handed back the mic and left the stage. Everybody is so nice like everybody knows everybody. People just come up and start talking and it is really easy to get along with people. I met so many different people and they were all so nice. I kept getting made fun of too. People kept saying to me that I had the best speech ever... :)

After the awards I didn’t stay for very long I really just wanted to go home. I stayed for about 15 minutes I guess and in that time I was introduced to a lady from the newspaper. I think it was the Kildare post. Two of the other nominations from the youth category. And loads of other random award winners. And got a couple of photos taken. It was a brilliant night. There’s so much that I want to say but I know if my post is too long people won’t read it. At the end of it we were told that there is not going to be anymore Irish blog awards next year well unless somebody else organises it. When I heard that I was even happier that I won.

Coagulations to everybody who won an award and to everybody who got nominated. Especially to the other people who were in the youth category.....
http://aceofaoife.blogspot.com/
 http://trusttommy.com/
 http://lavieenross.wordpress.com/


I have to say a big thank you to Mrs L. If it wasn’t for her I would have never won that award, sure I would never have even been nominated if it wasn’t for her. So Thank You Mrs L.







My award.



















Comments

noeleen said…
Great account of last night Siobhan. Sounds like you really enjoyed it....even if you didn't think you would win! Well we all had faith in you. Your blog is brilliant and you so deserved to win.

I was following all the tweets from #iba11 last night and was delighted when the first tweet came through that you had won. I probably knew before you had even reached the stage to collect your award!
I'm looking forward to seeing your lovely award tomorrow in school.

Mrs L :)
Suzy said…
Congratulations Siobhan, glad you made the trip up! Hope you keep up the blogging!

Popular posts from this blog

A prisoner of my own mind

An unexpected week

Shame