Em, Em thanks I guess..... :)

So last night at the Irish blog awards I won. When you go up to collect the award you had to make a speech and seeing as how I had convinced myself that I wasn’t going to win I didn’t have a speech ready.
When I went onto the stage I froze. All I could manage to say was “em em thanks I guess” and then I pretty much ran off the stage.
 So today I was thinking of what I could have said. If I was able to speak while I was on stage my speech would have went something like this.....

“ Wow well this was a total surprise. I was not expecting this at all.  I really have to say thanks to a few people. Firstly the person that got me to start a blog as part of my I.T class Mrs L. She also nominated me for this award and I am really grateful. She has helped me make my blog what it is now. So thanks Mrs L.

I have to thank Tom Tom. My blogging motivator. Without him I would not be able to blog so much. He always makes sure that I have blogged. So thanks Tom Tom.

I have to thank my dad and my brother for putting up with me going on about my blog and not getting annoyed over the amount of time that I spend on the computer everyday working on my blog and also for driving all the way up here today. So thanks.

And last but not least my friends. Always making sure that I have blogged. And not letting me forget when I haven’t blog about something that had happened in school. They have been great. So thanks to everybody."

Comments

David said…
Massive Congratulations, I think the overwhelming applause made giving a speech difficult anyway. Well deserved.
LolaDee said…
Hi Siobhan, I tried to find you afterwards to congratulate you in person but I think you were gone by the time I managed to grab enough free food to fill my belly. Anyway, just wanted to say well done and anyone would have had difficulty with an acceptance speech with all that cheering going on! Great to see new blogs being recognised. Keep up the good work :) LolaDee xo

Popular posts from this blog

A prisoner of my own mind

An unexpected week

Shame