Athletics training... :)

Today I was my second training session after school for the West Leinster schools competition in Santry in April. I am hoping that I will get to go after the trials. I think this year I am going to try and do the hammer rather than the shot and I’m hoping that I will be able to keep doing the discus. So Mr L show me and another girl today how to do the hammer and let’s just say thats for me it was a disaster... :/   It wouldn’t go up and it wouldn’t go straight and it almost went over a fence. I’m surprised I didn’t hurt someone or even myself. I think it would be better if i was to go back to my shot put rather than the hammer.

After a bit of hammer training it was time to move onto some discus. Now this I could do. I love the discus so much. I won the west Leinster last year so I’m hoping that if I get to go to Santry this year and I’m also hoping that I will be able to get into the top 5 and I’m aiming to be able to throw 22 meters and break my P.B of 21.40. Nothing to big but just a new P.B would be nice.

I love throwing it might be a bit hard to keep up with all of the different training sessions but I guess it’s a way of relaxing after school so why not. Sorry if this has been a boring Post and I know that it doesn’t really have anything to do with what I did today in school but I guess its related to school...  :)

What type of sport do you like?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A prisoner of my own mind

An unexpected week

Shame