Shine on blogger award


Today I got mentioned in a tweet by Ciara who writes the blog, such a silly sausage . I was told that I had been nominated for the shine on blog award. This is basically where bloggers nominate other bloggers for this award in order to recognise other blogs by passing on the award. This is the first time I have ever heard of this but it was nice to see that someone reads my blog and actually likes my blog and thought enough of me to nominate me for this Shine on blogger award. So thanks you Ciara for this lovely gesture, it really does mean a lot to me!
I learned that there is actually rules for this award which I thought was strange but after reading what the rules were I thought it was actually a really good and interesting idea. So the rules are:
  1. Display the award logo on your blog
  2. Link the award back to the person who nominated by thanking them
  3. State 7 things about yourself
  4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award, and let them know they have been nominated

So the award logo is below :)
shine-on

I have mentioned Ciara's blog and linked to her blog, such a silly sausage above and then again just there  :)


State seven things about myself..... well here goes.....
  • I am absolute terrified of those living statues that you would see on Grafton Street and sometimes when you are on holidays. I wont walk near them and will make sure I am as far away from them as possible. They give me shivers down my spine!
  • I was at an athletics competition once in Tullamore and when I was warming up for the shot putt I walked across a manhole and fell down it. Yes I know my family have not let me forget that it is almost impossible to fall down a covered manhole but there you go it is clearly not impossible.
  • The first time I went to Florida on a family holiday I was around 5 or six and on the plane I got locked in the toilet. I was scared and now I hate going to the toilet on the plane in case I get locked in. Not only that but when we arrived at the house we were staying in i ran straight into a glass door and spent twenty minutes sitting on the kitchen counter with my mam trying to get my nose to stop bleeding.
  • When I was told in transition year that I would have to write a blog about the things we were doing during the year I was convinced that I was going to hate it and never blog after I finished transition year.... Boy was I wrong!!
  • I never really did understand why in secondary school from first to third year almost every girls in the year would cake themselves in fake tan the days before the GAA disco. I mean you were going to be in a hall which would be pretty dark and nobody would even see your tan. I don't know how they put up with the smell either!! I just don't understand fake tan and make-up..... it just confuses me!
  • When I went to Florida in 2006 my now sister-in-law told me that the alligators, the really little ones are known to come up the toilet. I tried to avoid using the toilets when we landed because I was terrified that an alligator would come up and bite me. After drinking a number of bottles of bottles of waters I had to face my fear and go to the toilet! I had never been so scared in my life!!
  • When I was little I wanted to be a chef. I wanted to be a chef so bad I had drawn pictures of what all my different restaurants would look like and then I would write up all my menus. Needless to say that didn't last because I soon found out I was not able to cook anything other than chicken!

Finally nominate 15 blogs which i enjoy reading and would like you guys to learn about.....

Now as far as letting everybody know I'm kind of hoping they might find out for themselves as I don't connect with all of these people and right now Im half asleep and in need of my bed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A prisoner of my own mind

An unexpected week

Shame