Feelings.


Sometimes it can be easy to know way you feel a certain way but other times it can be very hard to know why you feel a certain way. Many times they way you feel can be caused from actions that are taking place around you. Other times we can feel a certain way and not know why and nothing around may have happened to cause you to feel that way. We as humans are able to have many different feelings for many different reasons. It is very important to try and learn about our feelings to know why we feel these feelings sometimes. This will help you to learn to cope with feelings in a healthy way and feel more in control of your life.
                                         
 It is a good idea to think of all the different feelings that you are capable of having and then trying to notice the ones that you experience the most. It is important to look at both the positive and negative feelings that you experience. Look at all the good feelings that you have and write them down. The look at all the bad feelings you have and write them down. Think about the different ways that you cope with the bad feelings that you experience. Is this a good way of coping is it a bad way?

When I would feel said I would self-harm and to me it was a good way of coping because I was addicted. I was trapped, self-harm kept me as a prisoner and a slave. I felt that it was controlling me and there was nothing I could do to escape. I felt that there was no hope. It made me feel even worse than I all ready did and that caused me to self-harm even more. It was a never ending circle or so I thought but it was the only way that I knew how to cope and because at the time when i was self-harming I was not in the right frame of mind I thought it was a good thing because the power that self-harm has over someone can do that to you. It might sound crazy but the mind is very powerful and something such as self-harm can take over your life in a matter of minutes. You may think it is good at the time but it is not. You have to step outside of yourself to really know it something is good or bad for you or you need to hear it from someone else. For me i needed to hear it from other people and I also had to see and hear how much it hurt them to see me hurt myself and that I thought it was good. But i learned new ways of coping and right now I am self-harm free.

Feelings have the power to control your life but it is how you deal with them that counts. If you deal with bad feelings in a positive way you have the power to take control and battle them. If you deal with them in a negative way they have the power to control you. It is important to take some time and think about how you deal with feelings whether or not you let them control you and take over your life.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Highly descriptive post, I liked that bit.
Will there be a part 2?
Also visit my blog ; Documentary Photography

Popular posts from this blog

A prisoner of my own mind

An unexpected week

Shame