Stuck

Two and a half years ago I began my journey to corrective double jaw surgery, 18 months of braces pre op and 6 months of braces post op. A correct bite with my top teeth in front of my bottom teeth is what I should have now but I don't. I've written about this before, about how it has been a struggle to get my surgery, how my underbite has been affecting me, damaging my mental health, challenging me everyday but today, although having a breakthrough getting a meeting with a surgeon next week I still feel stuck.

You might be questioning why I feel stuck, its just an underbite but its more than that, its the control and power this underbite has over me. People have told me that I need to stop this controlling, I need to move on and get on with my life. So far this underbite has prevented me from perusing interviews to spend my summer working in America, redoing a college placement in order to continue as a community and youth work student, it has completely taken control of my life.

How do I take back control?  How do I move forward? How to I lessen the impact of this underbite in my life? How do I just forget abut surgery and just get on with my life? This has been such a huge part of my life for so long and I have got so close to surgery yet now I'm facing another long wait for surgery with might not even happen this side of Christmas. I feel as I have reached my limit and I just don't know how to move on right now? How do I get on with my life?

Popular posts from this blog

A prisoner of my own mind

An unexpected week

Shame