Workers rights.

Last week I had  a talk for L.C.V.P. The talk was about trade unions, workers rights and working conditions. It was a really interesting talk and I learned a lot of new tings that were really shocking. We were shown videos about working conditions in countries like Asia and places like that. Children from the ages of five are made to work in factories where they are not allowed to talk, have breaks, use the bathrooms or drink clean water. They would work for 16 hours straight without breaks five to six days a week and would only make around 1 euro each week. I didn't realise how bad working conditions were in other countries and I was shocked when I saw the video  of young children working in a Nike factory.

We were thought about other things to do with worker rights, trade unions, activism and other things but what I took most from the talk was the horrible and unsafe working conditions in other countries.

This was one of the videos that we were shown highlighting the exploitation of workers in other countries.



The working conditions seen in the video are horrible and it makes me appreciate everything that I ave in my life because these children are not going to get to experience the childhood that I had.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A prisoner of my own mind

An unexpected week

Shame