The capital city of Massachusetts


Home to the Boston red sox’s, the JFK museum, Liberty bell, Fenway Park and so much more. Boston is my dream, where I want to be, where I’m happy, content with life, and where I feel I belong. Three years ago my dream to go to Boston finally came true and while I only spent three days there it was long enough for me to fall in love with the city.
Boston Public library

I know you might be thinking, why is she writing a post about this now? Well for many years I have said I am going to move to Boston but people never thought I meant it, to be honest I’m not really sure if I thought I meant it, it was just something I always said but after starting my second year of college I decided I needed to look at what it is I want to do with my life. I know I want to be a community/youth worker something which is already becoming a reality but I also know that I want to move to Boston, something which has now began to become a reality.

Last Friday I decided I’m going to move to Boston by 2020, have an apartment and a job over there and begin a new life. You might be thinking I’m way ahead of myself when I tell you I have been looking up apartments and jobs but like I said to one of my brothers there is no harm in early planning. I’m a planner, that’s what I do, I plan things no matter how early it might be, sure I’ve even got another 11 blog posts written up.

When I say my dream is finally becoming a reality I mean I have finally taken the steps necessary to ensure it happens. I have begun saving money, I’ve made a savings plan, I’ve made a study plan because after all if I don’t have a qualification I’m not going to get a job over there and last but not least I’ve begun to look into getting a visa. Educating myself on all things necessary in order to live and work in the US is half the task and understanding it is as equally important.

I’ve thought long and hard about this and I know now this is what I want. How do I know? I know because it feels right, thinking about moving makes me feel like me, relaxed and ready. I know this is what I want and now all I have to do is make it happen.
© There's Always Light at the End of the Tunnel. Design by Studio Kiwi.