So on the menu for this week is…
Homemade burgers with homemade potato wedges
The ingredients are:
· 1 tbsp. olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
· 1 onion, finely chopped
· 500g lean minced beef
· 1 egg
· 12 cream crackers, bashed to fine crumbs
· 2 tsp. chili paste
· 2 tsp. garlic paste
· 1 tsp. each, tomato ketchup and brown sauce
· 2 tbsp. plain flour
· 6 hamburger rolls
· 4 potatoes, cut into wedges
· 2 tbsp. olive oil
· 1 tsp. paprika
What you need to do is:
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until soft. Leave to cool slightly. When cool, put the onion in a large bowl with the mince, egg, bashed crackers, chili, garlic, ketchup and brown sauce, and mix well to combine. Divide the mince into 6, roll into balls and flatten each into a nice fat burger.
- Put the flour on a plate, dab each burger to the flour on both sides. Wrap with cling film and pop in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Heat oven to 200C. To make the wedges, put the potato on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with paprika, season, and then give them a good shake with your hands to make sure they’re well coated. Roast for 30-40 mins.
- When the wedges have been cooking for 10 mins, drizzle the burgers with a little olive oil and put them in the oven to cook with the wedges for the remaining 20-30 mins.
Recipe source- bbcgoodfood.com