The real meaning of Christmas


We have fought, we have laughed, we have cried and we have shared a world of pain. My family and I have been through a hell of a lot over the past few years especially since my mum passed away almost nine years ago but we have stuck by each other, we have supported one another and we have stayed united and battled through the hard times. While I would be lost with out my two brothers, my sister in law and my brother in law I would be even more lost without my dad.

It goes without saying that for a number of years my dad and I had a very rocky relationship but we worked through it and I am glad to be able to say that we have one of the best father daughter relationships anyone could wish for despite our ups and downs.

Christmas to me is not about spending money on gifts or all the food, to me it is about spending time with this bunch of people who love me. It is about gathering around the dinner table and laughing and sitting around the fire to watch a much loved film and most of all it is about being with the people I love the most. If it wasn't for these people I would not be here today! So for this one day a year do something special for the ones around you, do something to make them smile, to make them laugh or just to let them know you love them because to me that is the most important thing about Christmas, making sure your loved ones know just how much you mean to them!!

So mam, dad, Shane, Paul, Amy, Tom, Adam, Mark and Gaga I love you more than you could ever imagine and while I cant exactly say it to your faces I hope this posts help you realise just how much you guys mean to me. If I didn't have you guys in my life, life wouldn't be worth living. Thank you for your love and support, you guys are what makes my life so worthwhile and meaningful!!










No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Jibon Roy said...

Thank you for this nice posting. Loved it as you describe things very precisely.
Regards,

© There's Always Light at the End of the Tunnel. Design by Studio Kiwi.