The diet of a college kid #1


So after thinking about my blog and my target audience I realized that I don’t really have a set target audience and that I may not be reaching as many readers as possible so I have decided on a few new things to write about on a weekly or daily basis one of them being "The diet of a college kid"

So I guess the main reason I have decided that this is to be a new feature on my blog is not just because I want to try something new but because there is a perception that college students live off noodles and don’t eat well. Yes some college students may in fact be living off instant noodles but I don’t understand why you have to. People say money is a big influence on the food they eat and I understand that but nobody ever said you have to go out and spend loads of money on healthy food. Go and shop in places like Aldi and Lidi, you get the same nutrious food as you would in any other shop only at a cheaper price, a more affordable price!

So I was thinking for this feature of my blog I would upload a recipe every couple of days or every week, which is health, nutritious and affordable even for a college student. Diet is one of the single most important things in life and when you need to attend college, school or work it is important you have a good health diet in order to ensure sufficient energy for the day and it also helps to improve your concentration. Now I can be a fussy eater and I can also be someone who will snack and skip meals and I have recognized that this is not good for me so part of this new feature on my blog is encouraging me to eat better in order to be healthier.

So this week my meal is going to be…. Chicken and Pasta Bake. This is a quick and easy meal to make and is also affordable. The best part about this is you can cook it and then freeze what you don’t eat so you have dinners for another day!

So the ingredients are:
  1. Chicken
  2. Pasta
  3. Cheese
  4. One jar of dolimo creamy tomato pasta bake
What you need to do is:

  1. Place the pasta into a pot of boiling water and cook until soft, not really sure how long it takes but you can judge it yourself really. Once pasta is cooked remove the water using a sieve and place over the bottom of and ovenproof dish.
  2. Cut the chicken into small pieces, cubed if you like or strips either its really up to you and your personal preference. Brown the chicken in a small about of oil before placing it over the pasta. 
  3. Next pour the pasta bake sauce over the chicken and past and mix thoroughly.
  4. Grate some cheese and sprinkle over the top.
  5. Place in the oven for 15 minutes @200 degrees covered with tin foil. After 15 minutes remove the foil and cook for a further 5 minutes until cheese is golden brown.

Goes great with some garlic bread!
This meal is quick and easy to prepare and is full of carbohydrates and protein, which will ensure a slow release of energy from your food. Leave a comment below if you have any suggestions for other meals I can prepare and write about!


No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Rebecca Palmquist said...

Sounds yummy, economical, and good for you. Thanks for sharing!

© There's Always Light at the End of the Tunnel. Design by Studio Kiwi.