Suicide prevention day


Today marks suicide prevention day. Thinking about it now I am glad that my suicide attempts were only attempts. My first suicide attempt may not have been my only suicide attempt but that was because I was in a dark place. I didn't talk to my family or my friends and I thought I didn't want help but in fact I did. There is always a reason to live no matter what you might think- I am happy that I am alive and I am happy that I can share my story in the hopes that somebody will read this and realise that there is always a reason to live. Things such as the love an animal has for you, your family, your friends, sports, things you love to do, everything that makes you who you are is your reason to live. At the time I felt there was no way out but I was wrong, there is always a way out and the way out is through life. You may feel that there is no help around or that nobody cares about you but that is not true, there is help and people do care about you. There is always a reason to live and don't ever forget that!

I understand how people are feeling when they get to the point of considering suicide. I know everybody has different reasons for feeling the way they do but I understand the feeling of hopelessness, despair, being fed up and just wanting a way out but suicide is not the answer. There is always hope and there is always a way out of horrible times. All you have to do is talk and reach for help things will get better no matter what you think, things can always get better.


The most important thing that you can do is talk to someone if you are feeling like you want to end it all. Believe me I have been there and I wish I didn’t try to take my own life but I can’t go back in time and I have to live with the scars for the rest of my life. Talk to anyone, a parent, a friend a sibling or even a teacher. Sure email me at siobhanbrady4@hotmail.com if you need to talk to some who knows what you’re going through. I know that there is a reason to live. I am still battling against my depression. But I am not going to let it get me down again. I am not going to let it take over my life and you shouldn’t either.


Next year I will be taking part in the Cycle against suicide to help break the cycle of suicide and I am also working on Label Jars Not People to reduce stigma and encourage people to speak openly about mental health. So please spare a thought for those who may be struggling, for those who have taken their life and for the people left behind dealing with this terrible loss.


Talking is key and its not that hard to ask someone how they are feeling! 





No comments yet. Please leave yours!

© There's Always Light at the End of the Tunnel. Design by Studio Kiwi.