Cycle against suicide 2014- Week 1

After four days of cycling 6km in half an hour (pretty good for me) it was time for a three day break in order to allow my legs to gain some strength to continue with the preparations for 2014's Cycle against suicide. Earlier on in the week with some encouragement with from a friend I decided that I was going to take part in the 2014 cycle against suicide around Ireland, yeah thats right, me the one who will complain when I have to walk down the stairs has decided to commit to taking part in the 1400km cycle around Ireland over two weeks.

This is going to be a big challenge for me, not only cycling but getting my fitness up to the correct standard and also working on getting my nutrition right in order to be able to complete my 2014 goal. I have decided to begin my cycling now in August in order to allow myself the time I need to get up to where I need to be in order to be able to complete this cycle in one piece!! I must be abel to cycle 20km per hour, I have a long way to go but I will get there. This is something which I am not going to give up on.

I took three days off after four days of cycling this week as I was exhausted and my legs were almost falling off me they were so tired but I got back on the bike today. I didn't last very long today though but that was due to the fact I ate a banana five minutes before I decided to go for a cycle and as I began to feel sick, on the verge of vomiting and very lightheaded I figured it would be better to turn around and call it a night. I tried though, and I learned a lesson about when it comes to eating and cycling. So when I get back on the bike tomorrow I am hoping that it will go better and Im sure it will because I am going to eat at least an hour before I head out of my bike.

So I have decided to keep a log here on my blog every week about how I am getting on with my preparations. This week I am tired, kind of sore especially my butt but I am not going to give up. I have invested in a helmet and a high vis jacket for this so there is no going back now ;) There has been no falls this week which means I am making good progress :)

I'm a bit late on my logs but I am hoping to write them on Saturdays :)

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

© There's Always Light at the End of the Tunnel. Design by Studio Kiwi.