I never knew how lucky I am.

I was sitting here in front of the laptop trying to think of something to blog about but I couldn’t think of anything and like always when I can’t think of anything to do or to blog about I make my way to Facebook. I was going through some of the photos that I have uploaded onto Facebook and I just realised how lucky I am to have family and friends like I do.

To begin I’m going to talk about my amazing family. I know I might not get on very well with some people in my family ad yeah not all of my family are still here with us today but I still have an amazing family.

My mam although she is not here I think of her every day and how she worked to keep our family together and was the best mam ever. She taught me to always thank the people that help me, to always be kind and helpful and to never judge a book by its cover. She thought me that everybody deserves a second chance. And most of all my mam was there for me and my brothers, knew how to cheers us up and always greeted us with a warm and friendly smile. What’s more she was strong and fought for almost two years against cancer so that she could be with her family..... she is a true inspiration.

My dad.... well me and my dad get on fine one minute and then we won’t talk to each or the next minute. I take most of the blame for that but then I blame it on me being a teenager but anyway my dad is fun and annoying but most of the time in a good way. He tries his best to be there for me and try to understand the mind of a teenage girl. He knows how to surprise you and will continue to do so in both good and bad ways. And what’s more no matter how much we fight he will always be by my side and he will never give up on me or my brothers.

My brother..... well what I can say about my older brothers that drive me insane, bully me and well do everything that they're meant to when they have a younger sister. Annoy me, keep me awake at night, scare off any guy that comes near me, embarrass me in front of my friends, hug me tight when I’m sad and  say that they will kill any guy that breaks my heart. I don’t know what I would do without my brothers they mean everything to me.

My sister-in-law well for one she might be my future sister in law but I see her as my sister, my friend and she’s like a mother to me. She looks out for me, gives me a shoulder to cry on and is one of my best friends.  My brother is lucky to have found her. Shane and Amy are perfect for each other. She is amazing and I am glad that she is part of my life.

And then there is Tom. Tom is a really really really close friend and is pretty much family at this stage and I have no idea what I would do without his amazing advice and his soft hair ad great hugs. He really doesn’t know how to cheer someone up when they are down. Tom is my GBBL and I hope that doesn’t change because I don’t know what I would do without him.

My Granddad well we had an amazing and special unique relationship that I will never forget. I was his shove-over, his vampire and his whippersnapper. He was my gaga, my jellyfish and my grumpy. He meant the world to me and helped to fill a hole that was left after my mam died but after he died a bigger hole in my life was created. I miss my granddad and always will but I will never forget all of the amazing times that we shared together. He was my knight in shining armour.

And then I have my friends all of my amazing friends that are always there for me to listen to me complain and moan, to offer a shoulder to cry on, to cheer me up and make me smile and to show me that thing no matter how bad they are will always get better. No matter what I do to them they have always stuck by me. No matter how down I am they never leave me. No matter how sick I am they are always by my side. No matter how lonely I am they change that. They are the people that give me a reason to get up in the mornings, the people I turn to for a friendly smile or a late night chat. These are the people that you can go to with a problem and it is never too big or too small and they are always will to offer advice or a shoulder to cry on. I love my mad crazy wacky weird friends and I wouldn’t have it any other way. My friends have helped me through some of the most difficult times in my life and most of the time they don’t even realise what they have done. I love my friends and I appreciate everything that they have ever done for me. I don’t know what I would do without them and I hope I will never lose theses amazing crazy weird people that I have the privilege to call my friends.


No comments yet. Please leave yours!

© There's Always Light at the End of the Tunnel. Design by Studio Kiwi.