Top ten brain foods.

So as I have just started sixth year many teachers have been stressing the importance of eating well. So i decided that I would take t upon myself to do a bit of investigating to find out what the top ten brain foods are. So today I used the Internet and my home ec book to make my top ten list. You can now call me inspector Brady.... I wish I could be called inspector Gadget but I cant so I'm inspector Brady for the day. After doing some inspecting here is what I found to be the top ten brain foods.




Fish
Fish has high concentrations of Omega-3 fatty acids found in most fish. These fatty acids are essential to proper neural function. Most of our brain is made up of fatty tissue, so it makes sense that eating fish and other foods high in fatty acids would help us focus more and learn how to study better.

Nuts
Like fish, many types of nuts such as almonds and walnuts contain high levels of essential fatty acids that help your brain to perform optimally. As an added benefit, nuts contain a good amount of iron and also provide oxygen to the brain.

Apples
Apparently, an apple a day not only keeps the doctor away, but can also help you improve your study habits and academic performance as well.

Dark Chocolate
Not just any variety will do, but a certain type of chocolate – dark chocolate – can feed the brain, not only by improving memory, but also by increasing blood flow to the brain,.

Spinach
Spinach definitely doesn’t top the list of popular vegetables, but it  is full folic acid and has even been shown to reverse memory loss.

Berries
Berries such as blueberries, cherries, black currants, raspberries, cranberries, blackberries, gooseberries, and even grapes have significant health effects directly related to brain function.

Legumes
"Magic” beans such as chickpeas, kidney beans, and lentils contain  protein which power the brain and make studying a breeze.

Avocados
It’s a healthy fat that promotes blood flow, keeping your mind functioning at its peak. That’s not all: Avocados have also been shown to reduce blood pressure.

Eggs
Egg yolks are rich in choline, an essential nutrient to improving memory function.

Broccoli
Broccoli has been shown to improve memory function as well as slow the aging process. This means a broccoli-rich diet will keep you young and sharp.


Inspector Brady's challenge: I have decided that I am going to challenge my self to make my diet better and include some of these foods in order to help me with my concentration an focus for the year that is ahead of me. So if i remember I will post updates on  how I am managing on helping my brain by eating some of the top ten brain foods. Anybody want to join me in the challenge?




No comments yet. Please leave yours!

© There's Always Light at the End of the Tunnel. Design by Studio Kiwi.