Suicide prevention day.


Today marks suicide prevention day. Thinking about it now I am glad that my suicide attempts were only attempts. I understand how people are feeling when they get to the point of considering suicide. I know everybody has different reasons for feeling the way they do but I understand the feeling of hopelessness, despair, being fed up and just wanting a way out but suicide is not the answer. There is always hope and there is always a way out f horrible times. All you have to do is talk and reach for help things will get better no matter what you think, things can always get better.

There are so many different organisations not only around Ireland but around the world working together to prevent at least one person a day from taking their own life. The work that they do is amazing. Thinking about it there is not much that I can say to describe there work that they do other than amazing, incredible and inspiring.

The most important thing that you can do is talk to someone if you are feeling like you want to end it all. Believe me I have been there and I wish I didn’t try to take my own life but I can’t go back in time and I have to live with the scars for the rest of my life. Talk to anyone, a parent, a friend a sibling or even a teacher. Sure email me at siobhanbrady4@hotmail.com if you need to talk to some who knows what you’re going through. I know that there is a reason to live. I am still battling against my depression. But I am not going to let it get me down again. I am not going to let it take over my life and you shouldn’t either.

In honour of all those people who died from suicide light a candle at 8pm tonight and place it near a window.



No comments yet. Please leave yours!

© There's Always Light at the End of the Tunnel. Design by Studio Kiwi.