Think Big :)

Late last week I received an email from Think Big Ireland. The email stated that my application for my project t Label Jars not people had been accepted. I was over the moon. I began this project on a spur of the moment to be honest. I had thought about it a lot but I didn’t plan anything I just decided to do it. I applied for think Big in the hopes that I would get accepted but after not hearing from them for a while I decided to go ahead and start my project.

What started off as my project has now become a group project. From the very beginning I have a huge amount of support of my friends and I now have formed a team with Emer, Ashling, Kellie and Louise. We all represent the Labels are for Jars not People.

Our project is all about promoting positive mental health and reducing the stigma associated with mental health and illness. We are producing a range of T-shirts with different sayings on the such as “Be kind to your mind” The t-shirts cost ten euro and all the profits that are made are being given to charities that are associated with mental health.

My team and I will be attending a training day this coming Friday in the 02 offices with Think Big. We have been doing a lot of working and our hoping that Thing Big will help us start our project again in Theory to ensure we have done everything correctly and hopefully they will be able o help us with promotion and make a difference.

Promoting positive metal health and reducing stigma means a lot to me since I have become ill. Before I became ill I knew nothing about mental health which made everything scarier for me. it made things harder to cope in the beginning until I began to learn more about what was going on and what I was experiencing. I don’t want this to happen to other your people. I want people to know about mental health and talk about issues associated with mental health regardless weather they know someone who is suffering or if they are suffering. People need to know about this because without our mental health what do we have?

The more people talk about mental health the less of a taboo subject it will become and more people will seek help when they need it.  We need to get talking and I want to be able to help make a difference and get people talking. I talk about mental health to try and help people do you?

Visit the Think Big website here to learn more about what they do.

Visit labels are for Jars blog here to learn what we are all about.






No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Raphaele said...

Hey Siobhan, I think your project is great! We are not jars, we are human beings. And I think it is such a positive way to make things change. Well done and all the best!

© There's Always Light at the End of the Tunnel. Design by Studio Kiwi.