The final Lap!

The time has come; I am in my last year of school. I am preparing to do my leaving cert. But most of all I am preparing to leave school and more onto college. It’s scary I have to say. School has been my safety net for the past 14 years. I will be off to college in a year. But I guess it’s just another step I have to take on the journey that is life.

I want to make this last year of school the best. I want to have fun I want to do well and I want to learn new things. There’s no point just worrying about all the homework and study that needs to be done. I’m going to have fun as well and I am going to make sure I have fun; I mean school isn’t all that bad in the end.

I am looking forward to moving on from school. I’m looking forward to learning new things, doing new things and experiencing new things. I am looking forward to beginning my career as a paramedic. It will be an adventure, I will beginning the rest of my life. I will take all the things I have learned in school with me. Teachers have spent the last 14 years preparing me for this and although it is a school year away I am thinking about leaving school. I remember my first day of primary school as well.

I don’t feel ready to leave school today and I’m not sure I will be ready when I finish school but the thing is I have no choice. I have to finish and i have to move on with my life. I’m not ready and im not sure if I will be ready but all I know is I want to move ion regardless of whether or not I am ready. I will have to take my steps to the rest of my life at some stage. I am glad that I have had all the support from my teachers to get me to 6th year. There were times I thought that I could never get through each day but because of the amazing support I had and the people around me they got me through it. But most of all they have prepared me for life.

So in the words of Dr Seuss

“You have brains in your head,
Feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose,
You’re on your own,
And you know what you know.
You’re the guy that will decide where you will go.”

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

© There's Always Light at the End of the Tunnel. Design by Studio Kiwi.