Why do I blog?


Have you ever asked yourself the question why do I blog? Until today I had never asked myself that question and to be honest I’m not really sure of the answer. So i guess now is a good as time as any to try and find that answer.

So my blogging started in 2010 when I began transition year. It was part of my I.T course to set up a blog and make regular blog post about the different things that we were going to be doing during the year. I was a bit hesitant at the start and I didn’t think that i would like it as much as I do now and I certainly didn’t think that I would still be blogging today even after transition year. So after a slow start I began to take to it and I was blogging about everything that we were doing in school. I don’t know why I liked it so much I guess i like telling someone about my day without having to get into a conversation about it. When i started my blog I only did it because i had to do it for school but after a few months of having to do it I began to want to and so i would be able to look back on the year.

After i had finished transition year I kept up my blog. I would write about anything and everything. I guess it was just to give me something to do some of the time but it was also because i wanted to share my fun personal stories. It was during the summer that I began to fall ill with depression and I was self-harming on a regular basis and my blog became a way for me to keep busy and share my story. For me it was a kind of way to reach out for help.

When i went back to the school after the summer things had settle down for me a little bit and i would go back to blogging about everything and anything. Things then took a turn for the worst and I began to self-harm a number of times a day and I become very ill. It was at this time that I was admitted into hospital. I stayed there for four months and during that time i learned more about mental illness, self-harm and well i guess the value of life. During my recovery I began to write about my experiences with self-harm and the ways that I was being thought to overcome it and get back on track. My blog soon became my way to try and reduce the stigma associated with mental illness but it also helped me on my road to recovery by giving me a chance to express myself and try to help others.

So after think about the things that I have just wrote I guess the reasons why I blog are to try and help others suffering from a mental illness, help reduce the stigma associated with mental health, share my experiences and to help me on my road to recovery but the main reason why I blog is because i like it and i find it very enjoyable. If i didn’t have my blog i don’t know what I would do with my spare time because to be honest my blog has become a part of the person i am today and I have no doubt that I will continue to blog in the future.

 After all what’s not to like about blogging?


No comments yet. Please leave yours!

© There's Always Light at the End of the Tunnel. Design by Studio Kiwi.