Google.... The answer to everything.

Where would we be today if we didn’t have Google? For me anyway i use Google for everything and I mean everything. It’s handy and easy to access so why not?

If i don’t know the answer to something i turn to Google.
If i can’t do my homework i turn to Google.
If i need a Spanish translation i turn to Google.
If I’m board i turn to Google.

When i was younger and i didn’t know how to use a computer or i wasn’t allowed on the computer when it came to doing things like projects I had to use books. The big heavy encyclopedias with never ending amounts of information that I could never understand to get all the answers and it was extremely boring. But the thing was that’s what everybody had to do when i was younger. 

If i wanted to see what was happening outside my house i would go outside or look out the window because there really wasn’t any other way but not anymore thanks to Google. Log onto Google maps and type in an address and there you go you can see everything you need to see while sitting in front of a computer screen.

It’s not a bad thing that we have Google. Even with books i would be completely lost when it comes to some school projects and things like that. But thinking about it when i was younger the internet didn’t mean anything to me. Google didn’t mean anything to me. Very rarely i heard the term " Google it” and i only heard that if we were confused by some extremely hard question like what kind of fuel do you use in a space ship or something along those lines. We depended on books and you know what it wasn’t that bad to use a book. I made you feel like you were actually doing something. You were finding the information about something and not Google.

If you were to ask me to look up something in a book now and i had a computer beside me I would just use the computer. I don’t really know what changed for me. I guess I became lazy as I began to grow up and well times changed and I became more aware of the internet and things such as Google. I guess it just kind of happened. I mean change....it became normal for me to use the internet and Google. Nowadays it’s the norm in society.

Google has become a huge part of my life and I’m not even joking. The first web page i open on the internet it Google. I’m not even sure if i can go a day without getting asked a question and my response being “Google it”

I am very grateful that I have Google because to be honest I would be lost if I didn’t have it and well because I am too lazy to go looking through books to find an answer.

Just take a minute and think about how much you use Google? I know that I use it too much and spend too much time looking up things on Google that I don’t need to know about. So I’m glad I have Google but if it never became the norm in society to use it I think i would be doing just fine with books. The need to keep up with social change for me was something that I felt I had to do. If I didn’t then I wouldn’t have a clue what’s going on!!


No comments yet. Please leave yours!

Anonymous said...

I every time used to read paragraph in news papers but now as
I am a user of internet therefore from now I am using net for posts,
thanks to web.
Feel free to visit my blog post :: Documentary Photography

© There's Always Light at the End of the Tunnel. Design by Studio Kiwi.