Oh the places you will go!

When I was in hospital I had weekly sessions with the O.T to help me to find new ways of coping and when I can do when I want to self-harm and how I can prevent myself from harming. Thees sessions were what I benefited most from during my time in hospital. If it wasn't for them I would still be self-harming. The day before I was getting discharged I had my last session and Isobel the O.T gave me a book call " Oh the places you will go" its a child's book but i have to say that since i have been out of hospital it has got me through some of the hard times that I have had.

It's a Dr Seuss book so it is really good. Here are some of my favorite parts of the book that help me the most when I am struggling and they mean a lot to me. You never know they might provide you with a bit of support too.

" You wont lag behind because you'll have the speed
   you'll pass the whole gang and you'll soon take the lead
   Wherever you fly you'll be the best of the best
   Wherever you go you will top all the rest."
                                     
                                         

"Expect when you don't
because sometimes you wont."

                                  

" you can get so confused
that you'll start in a race
down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace
and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space
headed I fear toward a most unpleasant place.
 The Waiting Place."

                                      

"Somehow you'll escape
all the waiting and staying
you'll find the bright places
where boom bangs are playing"

                                    

"You'll get all mixed up, of course
as you already know
you'll get mixed up
with many strange birds as you go
so be sure when you step
step with care and great tact
and remember that life's 
a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left."



   "And will you succeed?
Yes! you will indeed!
(98 and 3/4 per cent guaranteed.)
Kid you'll move mountains!"



"So...
be your name Buxbaum or Bixy or Bray 
or Mordecali Ali Van O'Shea,
your off to great places!
Today is your day!
your mountain is waiting.
So... get on your way!"

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

© There's Always Light at the End of the Tunnel. Design by Studio Kiwi.