Doing things that will make you happy.

When you are struggling and having a hard time it is important to do things that will make you happy. Doing things that make you happy or use to make you happy is very important on your road to recovery. This might seem as a stupid task or that it is very simple to do but when you are struggling and having a hard time it is not as easy as you think that it might be but it is important that you try it.

To help you to do this you should make a list of things that make you happy and things that you enjoy. Things such as watching movies, doing sports, being with friends or going to parties. Put that into a chart and then mark each day that you do each activity. The point of this see how often you do things that make you happy. See if you can increase the number of times you do each thing per week and see if you can increase the enjoyment you get form the activity.

See if you can find a friend or family member that can do these things with you and make it more fun. You wont be on your own then and you will have someone to look back on the good memories you will have from doing these activities. I have tried doing this and it has made a huge difference to me. One of the things I had on my list was blogging. When I got really sick I wouldn't blog anymore but as I began to get on the road to recovery I began to get back to my blogging more and more. I still have my bad days where I don't want to do the things that I enjoy but now they have just become one or two days and not very often. I have come a long way and if you are struggling this is worth a shot. It worked for me and it might work for you too.

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

© There's Always Light at the End of the Tunnel. Design by Studio Kiwi.