The best moment of T.Y

Well when I decided to write this post I figured that it would be easy to pick a moment from T.Y that just really stuck out in my head as the best moment of the year. But then I started to think about it and I soon realised that it was really hard. I have had so many fun days where we would go on trips or watch movies in class or have quizzes or pay games or do our dramas so many different things like that. I’m guessing that most people will say that carlingford would be the best part of T.Y but I was sick so I didn’t get the chance to go to carlingford for the two days. I have been given so many different experiences and opportunities that it’s hard to pick the best one.

So after thinking about it for a while I came up with a few times in T.Y that really stood out form all of the rest.

Work experience being the first that was amazing. I never thought that I would like it as much as I did. Once you choose the right place to go for your work experience then you will have a brilliant week. Out of the two work experience the fire brigade training centre was far the best.

After that came mini company. I had mixed feelings about this for a while but now looking back on the whole experience it was an amazing experience. Is soon realised that I would not like to set up my own business one day. It was a lot of hard work but in the end all of Green Hero’s work paid off.


The Green Team with our first awards for the Get up and Go competition.
Green Hero at the National finals of the Get up and Go competition.

Going to Cork to perform our drama Noughts and Crosses in the final of the Briery Gap drama competition. I wasn’t acting in it but the people who were did an amazing job and as a result we won three different trophies.

Noughts and Crosses in Cork.

Noughts and crosses.


The highlight of my year would have to have been when I went up to Belfast for the Irish blog awards. That was the best night I have had in a long time it was so fun and relaxed for an awards ceremony. Thanks you Mrs L for nominating and helping me to make my blog what it is and thanks to everybody who has commented on my blog and read my blog. It is much appreciated.





These have only been a few of the best moments in T.Y if I was to write about all of them I would be here for the next week at least.

No comments yet. Please leave yours!

© There's Always Light at the End of the Tunnel. Design by Studio Kiwi.